How to resolve issue with background image

May 5, 2016 at 4:33 PM
Hello Oleg,

With the default background graphics, there is text on the right of the initial form but when I add my png with a transparent background, the text does not appear.

Per the example, I use the code to add the image:

project.BannerImage = @"images\BannerTest-1.png"; project.BackgroundImage = @"images\DlgBackground.png"; which for the banner, works great but has issues for the background.

Here is a link to the pdf file illustrating my screenshots:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CE131646C34280CB!8949&authkey=!AFTbHGoxu_S6SME&ithint=file%2cpdf

Thanks for your help,

Bob
Coordinator
May 6, 2016 at 12:34 AM
Thank you. I see. Yes this is a problem. It's easy to fix but it is a problem nevertheless.

The images that are used in standard dialogs of the ManagedUI are of two types: banner and background. Banner image is the top-docked image that is used in dialogs like 'progress' and it occupies ~20% of the height of the client area. Background image is the left-docked image that is used in dialogs like 'welcome' and it occupies ~30% of the width of the client area. Thus in the managed UI scenario the background image doesn't occupy the whole area but its left part. This is done in order to overcome some scaling problems that WinForms are not handling very well.

The work around for you is simple. Change the size of the image (in the CustomUIDialog I use 164x312). I did it for your image and tested it from the same sample with German localization):

As for the defect I will need to see if changing the behavior to fill the whole area can still play with scaling and the image transparency can be respected by the picturebox I am using for the images

Will keep you informed.
Coordinator
May 6, 2016 at 12:35 AM
Can you please log it as an issue and place the link to this discussion.
Txs
Coordinator
May 6, 2016 at 3:59 AM
I actually created the issue on your behalf: https://wixsharp.codeplex.com/workitem/116