Error18 Installer is no longer responding.

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Hi,

I have a Managed Setup.
The Error 18 (Installer is no longer responding) is displayed in a popup if I leave the installer on screen without running it to the end, for more than 30 minutes.
The available options are Retry and Cancel. If I press Retry I can continue the installation, if I press Cancel the installer exits.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start the installer in attended mode.
  2. Leave the Welcome dialog on screen more than 30 minutes. ( turning the clock forward does not speed up the test )
How can I get rid of that annoying popup?
An InstallShield or plain WiX MSI do not show that popup.
Thank you.
Nov 30, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Indeed this popup happens after >30 mins of inactivity. Interestingly enough MSI runtime doesn't create any error log entry to reflect this condition. From MSI point of view everything is OK and it is consistent with your and mine observation when 'Retry' successfully installs the product as nothing happens.

Further testing revealed that this behavior can only be observed with MSIs based on EmbeddedUI model (Project.ManagedUI). And Managed Setup with native UI does not exhibit any symptoms of the problem. Thus I am guessing the WiX/MSI runtime, which hosts embedded UI assembly has some sort of activity monitoring and warns user on the idle timeout.

Further testing has confirmed this suggestion. The MSI embedding the the standard EmbeddedUI from WiX sample "SampleEmbeddedUI.cs" shows the same popup as the one build with Wix#.

I tried (ambitiously) to invoke the Session object methods from the dialog OnTimer (every minute) but it had no affect what so ever. Meaning that unfortunately I cannot offer you any work around.

Sorry but it means that it can only be fixed by the WiX team.
Nov 30, 2015 at 5:18 PM
Thank you.