How to bound property in Custom CLR Dialog

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:56 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2015 at 2:00 AM
If look at the example of Custom MSI Dialog there is a way to bound property to control:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/804584/Wixsharp-WixSharp-UI-Extensions - here on the screenshot:
BoundProperty = LICENSING_MODEL

Unfortunately there is no such possibility for Custom CRL Dialog however there is the same installer but using CLR dialog.

How to bound property to control in CRL dialog or how to set property in such dialog?
ideally it would be nice to have it simple as in wix:
<iis:WebApplication Id="MyWebsiteApplication" Name="[MYSITE_NAME]" WebAppPool="MyApplicationPool" /> where you can see property [MYSITE_NAME]

and then for ui control:
<Control Type="Edit" Id="site_name" Width="100" Height="18" X="66" Y="171" Property="MYSITE_NAME" />
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2015 at 8:46 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2015 at 12:18 PM
Support for native MSI custom UI elements was rather an experimental feature and I did not have any plans of extending (nor supporting it) due to the complexity of the setup UI authoring this way.

Of course the provided functionality can offer a "jump-start" for the advanced users who wants to continue authoring the native UI but.... I would really recommend switching to the CLR based UI. It is a dramatically simpler and in order of magnitude more powerful.

The latest release (two days ago) contains all required samples. The distro also contains VS2013/2015 project templates. With "Custom UI" template you can have the whole set of UI dialogs implemented as WinForms. And every single of dialog is completely opened for customization.

And I also just published the VS project templates as a dedicated VS extension.