custom ui

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:10 PM
I have a ui that I have used for plain Wix setup WixUI_NoEULAInstallDir.wxs which is the built in InstallDir UI with the EULA removed. I would like to use this UI in my WixSharp setup, but cannot figure out how. I have tried adding this file name to Compiler.CandleOptions but I get an error:
Cannot specify more than one source file with single output file. Either specify an output directory for the -out argument by ending the argument with a '\' or remove the -out argument to have the source files compiled to the current directory.
Is there a way to use this .wxs UI without having to recreate a winform for it?

Thanks,

Tony
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 12:19 AM
The simplest way to proceed is to call Compiler.BuildMsiCmd instead of Compiler.BuildMsi. This way you will be able to inspect both WiX file and the batch file invoking the candle and light.

This can help you to figure out where and how you custom wxs should be incorporated. Most likely the cmd file should have some extra params.

If you manage to solve the problem please share your solution and I will add it to the samples library and/or reflect it in the WixSharp compiler.

Regards,
Oleg